It's no secret that podcasts have re-emerged as one of the most popular consumer content mediums in recent years. Tuning into a podcast during workouts or commutes can make life's quiet moments a little more engaging. The right podcast makes us feel like we're in the room with the host and guest, learning and listening and juxtaposing their conversation with our own life and career challenges.
The Club Industry team has been brainstorming a podcast concept for more than a year. Today, we are thrilled to announce the launch of The Club Industry Podcast—a new audio resource with fresh content and expert insights that will further aid you in your quest to operate a smart and successful fitness business. Our first episode features Eric Casaburi, the founder and CEO of Retro Fitness. You can stream or download the episode at Club Industry's SoundCloud page (www.soundcloud.com/clubindustry). Be sure to download the SoundCloud app on your Apple or Android device for offline listening.
Pamela Kufahl, Club Industry's director of content and engagement, interviewed Casaburi in October 2018 at the Motionsoft Tech Summit in Washington, DC. In this episode, Casaburi discusses how technology affects clubs, club-within-a-club strategies and the role of wellness in the industry, plus he shares advice for entrepreneurs. This episode is sponsored by Myzone and features a bonus interview about tech trends with Myzone President Emmett Williams.
The Club Industry Podcast's monthly episodes will feature in-depth interviews with influential executives from all corners of the health and wellness industry. Below is the podcast's initial episode schedule. Stay tuned, and let us know what you think of the podcast on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube. Use the hashtag #ClubIndustryPodcast
- Episode one: Eric Casaburi, founder and CEO of Retro Fitness [February 2019] — NOW LIVE!
- In this episode, Casaburi discusses how technology affects clubs, club-within-a-club strategies, the role of wellness in the industry and advice for entrepreneurs.
- Episode one is sponsored by Myzone.
- Episode two: Michael Piercy, owner of The Lab [March 2019]
- In this episode, Piercy explores how club culture drives retention, the challenges of opening and operating a successful studio and how HIIT and group exercise trends are influencing equipment vendors and big box clubs.
- Episode two is sponsored by Myzone.