Life Time Club Reopens after Chlorine Leak Sends Three to Hospital

no,

GOODYEAR, AZ -- A Life Time Fitness club in Arizona has reopened after a chlorine gas leak caused an evacuation of the club.

On Tuesday, three Life Time employees at the Goodyear, AZ, club were exposed to the chemical while they were treating the spa area, according to local media reports. The club was evacuated while crews evaluated the leak.

A pipe backed up in the spa area, and chlorine splashed on the employees. The face of one of the employees was exposed to the chemical, which splashed on the other two employees’ lower extremities. All three employees were transported to a local hospital, and all three were released later that day, Life Time said.

The Chanhassen, MN-based company also said the club reopened after a thorough inspection of the club’s chemical system.

Suggested Articles:

​​​​​​​In several states in which health clubs are still closed, health club operators have taken various steps to move for reopening of their busines

The California Fitness Alliance sent a letter and gym reopening guidelines to the state's governor as well as city and county officials.

April revenue for a majority of suppliers declined by at least 25 percent compared to April 2019 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, per an SFIA survey.