Despite the common belief that Monday is the most popular workout day, the most popular day to work out for ClassPass users is Tuesday. That is just one of the findings in a review by ClassPass, New York, of its user booking data for the past three months.
As already noted, the most popular day of the week for U.S. ClassPass users to work out is Tuesday, as shown below:
- Northeast: Tuesday
- Southwest: Tuesday
- West: Tuesday
- Southeast: Tuesday
- Midwest: Tuesday
The data revealed that ClassPass users in the Southeast prefer working out in the morning while the rest of the country prefers evening workouts, as the data on most popular workout times for each region shows:
- Northeast: 6:30 p.m.
- Southwest: 5:30 p.m.
- West: 5:30 p.m.
- Southeast: 6:00 a.m.
- Midwest: 5:30 p.m.
The most popular fitness category in each region is:
- Northeast: Cycling
- Southwest: Pilates
- West: Pilates
- Southeast: Barre
- Midwest: Strength training
Other findings for ClassPass users include:
- Most popular genre overall: strength training
- Most adventurous city: New Yorkers take an average of 35 different classes a year
- Most spontaneous city: Miami books the most last minute classes, with 57 percent booking the same day
- Fastest growing city: Baltimore is the fastest growing city with a 23 percent increase in users month over month growth
- Most frequent travelers: 68 percent of users in Orlando have used Flex to book a class in a another city
- Most lunchtime classes: Austin books the most classes at noon
ClassPass is a monthly subscription service providing access to a network of more than 8,500 boutique fitness studios and gyms worldwide. Nearly 70 percent of ClassPass members were not regular users of boutique fitness prior to joining ClassPass, according to the company. Since launching in 2013, usage on the platform has nearly doubled, and more than 20 million reservations have been booked to date.