This press release was provided by Snap Fitness. The Club Industry editorial staff was not involved in the creation of this content.
Snap Fitness announced today that it has established a parent company called Lift Brands as an umbrella organization for its growing number of fitness concepts, which currently include Snap Fitness, 9Round, Kosama, STEELE 365 and Fitness on Demand.
"We are growing at a tremendous rate with start-ups and acquisitions, and needed to establish a company that reflected our elevated thinking, services, growth potential and variety of concept offerings," said Peter Taunton, founder of Snap Fitness and CEO of Lift Brands. "In addition to the wide range of offerings that currently exist under the Lift Brands name, we'll be adding several more concepts in the near future. Lift Brands is the go-to company for health and wellness franchises."
With member satisfaction at the core of its operating philosophy, Lift Brands is laser-focused on offering club owners a variety of options to own their dream business with a model that will be lucrative for franchisees. Taunton has established a formula for success by helping companies streamline all aspects of their business including financing, construction, marketing, accounting, legal and more.
"It's easy to get passionate about owning your own business in the health and wellness space, but considering that three out of four start-ups fail the odds are against success," Taunton said. "Lift Brands works with the most promising companies in this industry and provides systems that are proven within our formula to work. We're not only about helping the franchisee survive, but thrive."
The Lift Brands portfolio currently includes:
- Snap Fitness – founded in 2003, Snap has grown to approximately 2,000 clubs open or in development in 15 countries with more than one million members. The 24/7 gyms are dedicated to providing members with a quality, convenient and results-driven fitness solution.
- 9Round – is quickly becoming one of the country's fastest-growing kickboxing franchises. 9Round offers 30-minute, high-intensity circuit training that combines kickboxing, traditional boxing and strength work. In the past year, 9Round has grown from 37 units to more than 100. An additional 200 clubs are in development and will open in 2014. 9Round also plans to expand to Mexico, Australia and New Zealand in 2014.
- Kosama – founded in 2010. The 3,500 to 5,000 square-foot clubs feature an eight-week body transformation program that includes personalized group fitness classes in a full-body boot camp model. Kosama guarantees results with a money back option for members.
- Fitness on Demand – offers a solution to clubs, hotels and anyone interested in providing a group fitness option to guests without hiring staff or needing a lot of space. Through touchscreen kiosks, Fitness on Demand provides hundreds of video workout options from kickboxing to cycling to yoga, dance and more.
- STEELE 365 – Located in Minnesota, STEELE 365 is an advanced fitness club concept that has elevated the typical 24/7 model by combining the high-touch look, feel, and service of personal trainers with convenience and affordability. In addition, the clubs offer a limited number of memberships to maintain exclusivity and avoid over-crowding.
About Lift Brands
Lift Brands elevated wellness companies is the largest wellness franchise organization in the world with 2,900 clubs open or in development, in 15 countries, with 400 employees and 1.5 million members. Lift Brands offers franchisees around the globe fitness options for most price points from $60,000 up to $250,000. Lift Brands is led by Peter Taunton, who brings more than 30 years of experience in the fitness sector to his role as majority owner and founder. For more information go to www.liftbrands.com.