The 2010 Inc. lists were ranked according to percentage revenue growth when comparing 2006 to 2009.
Health club companies or health club management companies placing on the list were:
- No. 591 - Snap Fitness, Chanhassen, MN (No. 16 in 2009)
- No. 920 - Planet Fitness, Newington, NH (No. 471 in 2009)
- No. 1,876 - Anytime Fitness, Hastings, MN (No. 285 in 2009)
- No. 2,748 - Plus One Health Management, New York (No. 3,412 in 2009)
- No. 3,157 - O2 Fitness Clubs, Durham, NC
- No. 3,673 - Mountainside Fitness Centers, Gilbert, AZ
- No. 4,233 - BodyScapes Fitness, Newton, MA
- No. 4,913 - Fitness Together Holdings, Highlands Ranch, CO (No. 3,848 in 2009)
Four of the club companies that were on the list last year dropped in ranking this year. Last year’s list compared 2005 revenue to 2008 revenue.
Snap Fitness ranked No. 16 last year with $31.7 million in 2008 revenue. Snap’s revenue for 2009 was $26.5 million, still a 516 percent growth in the past three years.
Planet Fitness ranked No. 471 last year. Its 2008 revenue was $99.4 million while its 2009 revenue was $129.5 million. During the past three years, the company’s growth rate was 326 percent.
Anytime Fitness ranked No. 285 last year with $26.7 million in 2008 revenue compared to the $17.9 million in revenue it reported in 2009. Its growth rate over the past three years was 145 percent.
Fitness Together ranked No. 3,848 last year at $12.5 million compared to $9.9 million in 2009, a 5 percent growth rate over three years.
The only company that climbed on the list was Plus One, which had $44.8 million in 2009 revenue and an 83 percent growth rate during the past three years. It rose from No. 3,412 on last year’s list.
O2 Fitness, Mountainside Fitness and BodyScapes Fitness are new to the list this year. O2 Fitness had a three-year growth rate of 63 percent with $6.6 million in 2009 revenue. Mountainside Fitness grew by 44 percent during the past three years, coming in with $23.4 million in 2009 revenue. BodyScapes Fitness had $3.2 million in 2009 revenue, a 26 percent growth rate during the past three years.
Club One, San Francisco, which ranked No. 4,629 on the list last year, dropped from the list this year.