OVERLAND PARK, KS -- The final tallies are in, and our expert judges selected the winners in the eighth annual Club Industry Best of the Best contest. The competition recognizes some of the best programming at fitness facilities in the United States and provides concrete examples of programs that have proven, successful results.
Articles on each of the winning clubs will appear in the October issue of Club Industry magazine.
The 2010 Best of the Best winners are:
• Best Member Appreciation Program — HealthQuest, Flemington, NJ — Last year, some 5,200 people attended the club’s Member Appreciation Day, helping HealthQuest win the title of Best Member Appreciation Program in this year’s competition.
• Best Nonmember Program — ACAC Fitness & Wellness Centers, Charlottesville, VA — The PREP program at ACAC is a physician-referred exercise program that allows people with health risks the opportunity to work with medical fitness specialists in a club environment.
• Best Community-based Program — Greenwood Athletic and Tennis Club, Greenwood Village, CO — Greenwood Athletic and Tennis Club is the home of The Roadless Ride, a 12-hour Spin-a-thon that raises money for Brent’s Place, an organization that houses families with kids suffering from cancer.
• Best New Member Integration Program — Club One Fitness, Pittsburgh — Club One staff members worked together to update its New Member Tutorial Program last year, a variation of the new member integration program that the club has had for more than 20 years.
• Best Behavior Modification Program — Chesapeake Energy Fitness Center, Oklahoma City — Also a winner in last year’s contest, Chesapeake Energy Corp. uses financial incentives and a full-time fitness staff to nourish the health of its nearly 9,000 employees nationwide.
• Best Children’s Program — Right Fit Sport Fitness Wellness, Willowbrook, IL — Right Fit’s Raise the Bar program uses individualized training and motivational techniques to provide a fitness program for youth with autistic spectrum disorders that is functional, fun, safe and appropriate for every age and fitness level.
We will present awards to the winners during a Business Breakthrough Brunch at the Club Industry show on Oct. 8 in Chicago. The open forum brunch will feature a group of experts from the fitness industry to guide attendees through the winning entries and offer tips, guidance and direction on how to apply these winning principles to their own clubs.