24 Hour Fitness, San Ramon, California, is planning grand opening celebrations for 12 of its 31 acquired Bally Total Fitness Clubs this weekend.
The simultaneous celebrations are planned for the New York and New Jersey area locations Friday through Sunday, the company said in a media release. 24 Hour Fitness acquired the Bally clubs in December 2014 in a deal that also included Denver and San Francisco Bay Area locations.
The New York and New Jersey clubs were briefly closed while 24 Hour Fitness made renovations. Some improvements included a 'significant investment' in new and refurbished equipment as part of a network-wide initiative across 24 Hour Fitness' 450 gyms, the company said.
24 Hour Fitness communicated with members before and during the closures, and offered members use of the next, nearest club while the club of record was closed.
The 12 locations feature training and group exercise areas; cardio and strength equipment; Cycle, Group X, Pilates and Zumba classes; personal training services and a kids club. 24 Hour Fitness said exterior architectural logo signage will complete club improvements by the end of July.
The opening locations are:
- Little Neck Sport, 245-24 Horace Harding Expressway, Little Neck
- Jamaica Center Sport, 15926 Jamaica Avenue, Jamaica
- Kings Highway Sport, 945 Kings Highway, Brooklyn
- Kew Gardens Sport, 8002 Kew Gardens Road, Kew Gardens
- Fordham Road Sport, 2503 Grand Concourse, Bronx
- Tilden Sport, 2163 Tilden Avenue, Brooklyn
- Bensonhurst Sport, 1921 86th Street, Brooklyn
- Sheepshead Bay Super Sport, 1720 Sheepshead Bay Road, Brooklyn
- Clark Super Sport, 140 Central Avenue, Clark
- Saddle Brook Sport, 189 US Highway 46, Saddle Brook
- Jersey City Sport, 918 Bergen Avenue, Jersey City