· Forty-seven states and the District of Columbia have their own state standards for physical education.
· About 30 percent of states do not mandate physical education for elementary and middle school students.
· Almost one-fourth of states (24 percent or 12) allow required physical education credits to be earned through online physical education courses.
· Forty-three percent of states (22) require physical education grades to be included in a student’s grade point average (GPA).
· Sixteen states have a required comprehensive assessment test for graduation, but none include physical education.
· Thirty-six states have an educational report card that rates specific subject areas individually, but only three of those states (California, Hawaii, Kentucky) include physical education on their state report card.
· Three states – Arkansas, California and Illinois – require schools to measure body mass index (BMI) for each student.
Club Industry is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.