Club Industry was not involved in the creation of this content.
A unique treadmill designed for performance training offers a complete solution for both cardio and power workouts
December 14, 2017 – Technogym – the world leading producer of design and technology-driven fitness equipment and official supplier to the last six Olympic games – is proud to announce the launch of SKILLRUNTM, the first treadmill to combine cardio and power training in a single solution, which is designed to meet the training requirements of both elite athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
SKILLRUNTM sets a new benchmark in performance running and answers the needs of a variety of runners, from sprinters to marathoners and triathletes. Due to unique MULTIDRIVE TECHNOLOGYTM (patent pending), SKILLRUNTM offers both cardio training and resistance workouts to enhance overall power and fitness. The interactive UNITY console – the same platform and interface offered throughout the entire Technogym range – allows users to access a completely customized workout experience, which engages and motivates them through digital content, personalized training programs and data tracking. When it comes to training programs, SKILLRUNTM offers a wide range of innovative workouts including high intensity interval training, speed resistance training and neuromuscular training, as well as immersive and entertaining content to motivate the user.
SKILLRUNTM includes exclusive features specifically designed for athletic and performance training such as:
- Fast Track Control: adjust speed and incline on the fly while exercising
- Maximum Training Space: train on a wide belt (55cm/22”) and streamlined frame
- Speed and Incline: raise the speed up to 30km/h (18.6 mph), with inclines ranging from -3% to +25%
- QUICKPAD: change speed and gradient with just one touch thanks to dedicated buttons
- Speed-shift: create interval training profiles and switch from one speed to another with a simple touch of the Fast Track Control
SKILLRUNTM allows the user to perform a variety of unique cardio and power workouts, such as:
- Running Session: the exclusive interactive technology, Biofeedback (patent pending) tracks and monitors main running parameters in real time, providing color-coded feedback that enables the user to improve their performance.
- Parachute Training (patent pending): users can strengthen the resistive power and top-end speed with parachute training that reproduces the feeling of outdoor running with a parachute. Resistance is minimal at the start and increases as users gain speed.
- Sled Training: allows users to increase their power, reproducing the feeling of pushing a sled on grass. Resistance is high at the start and decreases to a constant rate.
SKILLRUNTM is also ideal for group training sessions in class or studio environments. SKILLRUN CLASS (patent pending) is perfect for those in search of a more effective and motivating group running class. These new product features produce dynamic classes to engage the most demanding users.
This new product is part of the SKILL LINE, a collection of products created for SKILLATHLETIC TRAINING, which is a method developed by Technogym and Olympic champions for everyone who wishes to improve their athletic performance. It includes SKILLMILL, the only non-motorized product that combines power, speed, stamina and agility training, and SKILLROW, the first indoor rowing machine capable of improving anaerobic power, aerobic capacity and neuromuscular abilities in a single solution.
SKILLRUN features four different patents:
- The MULTIDRIVE technology (patent pending) is a ground-breaking innovation that makes it possible for users to change the equipment mode from cardiovascular training to power training.
- PARACHUTE TRAINING KIT (patent pending) is an innovation created to reproduce the feeling of outdoor running in optimized conditions. The kit consists of steel frame support equipped with an ergonomic adjustable belt that users can place around their waist to perform parachute resistance training.
- BIOFEEDBACK (patent pending) is the exclusive interactive technology created by Technogym that tracks and monitors the user’s main running parameters in real time, providing color-coded feedback that enables users to improve their performances.
- SKILLRUN CLASS (patent pending) is a new and innovative format that allows operators to create a more effective and motivating group running workout seamlessly, from booking to results management.
Founded in 1983, Technogym is a world leading international supplier of technology and design driven products and services in the Wellness and Fitness industry. Technogym provides a complete range of cardio, strength and functional equipment alongside a digital cloud based platform allowing consumers to connect with their personal wellness experience anywhere, both on the equipment and via mobile when outdoors. With over 2,000 employees and 14 branches globally, Technogym is present in over 100 countries. More than 80,000 Wellness centers and 200,000 private homes in the world are equipped with Technogym. Technogym was the official supplier for the last six editions of the Olympic Games: Sydney 2000, Athens 2004, Turin 2006, Beijing 2008, London 2012 and Rio 2016.