Club Industry was not involved in the creation of this content.
Kempele, Finland – March 27, 2019 – Polar, the leader in heart rate sensors, activity trackers and wearable sports technology, announces Polar SDK and Team Pro API, making it possible to read and interpret live data from Polar H10 and Polar OH1 and access Polar Team Pro data. Polar SDK is now available for free on GitHub, and more information is available on Polar’s Developers page.
The new Polar SDK supports data read from multiple sensors and enables the use of Polar’s proprietary data including electrocardiogram (ECG) data from Polar H10, photoplethysmogram (PPG) data from OH1, as well as raw acceleration data, memory access and heart rate broadcast via Bluetooth. The full list of capabilities includes:
- Polar H10:
- Heart rate as beats per minute. RR Interval in ms and 1/1024 format.
- Electrocardiography (ECG) data in µV.
- Accelerometer data with sample rates of 25Hz, 50Hz, 100Hz and 200Hz, and range of 2G, 4G and 8G. Axis specific acceleration data in mG.
- Start and stop of internal recording and request for internal recording status. Recording supports RR, HR with one second sample time or HR with five second sample time.
- List, read and remove for stored internal recording (sensor supports only one recording at the time).
- Polar OH1:
- Heart rate as beats per minute
- Photoplethysmograpy (PPG) values.
- PP interval (milliseconds) representing cardiac pulse-to-pulse interval extracted from PPG signal.
- Accelerometer data with sample rate of 50Hz and range of 8G. Axis specific acceleration data in mG.
- List, read and remove stored exercise. Recording of exercise requires that sensor is registered to Polar Flow account.
Connectivity with Polar grants visibility into the millions of people globally who train with Polar H10 and Polar OH1, providing start-ups and mobile app developers the opportunity to build on Polar’s trusted products and services through the creation of new fitness apps and products.
The release of Team Pro API allows third parties to see and analyze Polar Team Pro-specific data, serving as an add-on to the existing open API solution. Coaches can combine all the team data from Polar Flow, Team Pro and third-party data analytics platforms in the same dashboard for deeper analysis, while developers can receive secure information about their customers’ training data. With Team Pro API, coaches and developers can see the following data:
- List of teams within an organization: team names and team ID
- Player details: first name, last name, role, player ID, start and stop times, duration, calories, distance, sprints, training load, fat percentage, heart rate, HR max, HR average, speed and cadence, in 1Hz and 10Hz.
- Team training session information: date created, record start and end times, session name, session type, session notes, sport, arena, marker’s details and participant list
Learn more about Polar SDK and Team Pro API on Polar’s Developers page.
For over 40 years, Polar has been the innovator of sports technology, helping athletes and coaches achieve peak performance. Polar began with heart rate monitoring but has since expanded into multiple training solutions for elite athletes, coaches and active fitness enthusiasts. Polar remains the trusted performance partner due to our accuracy, reliability and superior experience. Polar’s award-winning product range includes pioneering sports wearables that work elegantly with Polar training apps and cloud services.
Headquartered in Finland, Polar is a privately held company that operates in more than 80 countries. Polar products are sold through over 35,000 retailers globally. For more information, please visit polar.com.