Club Industry was not involved in the creation of this content.
Kempele, Finland – June 11, 2018 – Polar, the leader in wearable sports and fitness technology for over 40 years, announces an improvement to its free Polar Beat heart rate training app: users who pair the app with a Polar heart rate sensor such as Polar OH1 or Polar H10 will now receive Polar’s smart coaching features at no charge. When paired with a sensor via Bluetooth, Polar Beat turns smartphones into easy to use fitness trackers, providing real-time heart rate data and training guidance on your mobile phone such as:
- Fitness Test: enables athletes to gauge their current fitness levels with a simple five-minute test, and view how their fitness is progressing over time
- EnergyPointer: gives athletes real-time guidance on what is the main effect of their workout
- Benefit Target: allows athletes to set goals and receive real-time voice guidance to achieve them
- Running Index: provides an easy to understand score based on speed and heart rate data that offers insight into how athletes’ running performance and efficiency are improving over time.
- Plan: choose training targets, pick from more than 100 sports and map routes via GPS
- Train: receive live, accurate heart rate data and voice guidance to stay on track during workouts and train at the right intensity
- Analyze: see distance, calories burned and personalized feedback after every workout to understand what was achieved, whether it’s improved endurance, increased strength, or burned fat
- Share: share workouts and let friends celebrate their achievements with them
In conjunction with the newly updated Polar Beat app, Polar also introduces new armband and chest strap colors for Polar OH1 and Polar H10. Straps are now available in melange grey, melange orange and melange turquoise.
Learn more about Polar OH1 and Polar H10 here.
Polar OH1 and Polar H10 feature Polar’s advanced proprietary heart rate algorithm for accurate heart rate tracking. Polar OH1’s small sensor and soft, textile armband fit snugly and comfortably around the arm and does not require users to moisten the strap or lift their shirt. Polar H10’s redesigned chest strap includes extra interference-preventing electrodes, which ensure heart rate is captured with the utmost accuracy, and silicone friction dots to help keep the strap in place. Following training sessions, users can transfer their data to Polar Flow, where Polar’s Smart Coaching features offer additional guidance and feedback on specific activities
Polar OH1 is available for $79.95/€79,90 at www.polar.com/us-en/products/accessories/oh1-optical-heart-rate-sensor and Polar H10 is available for $89.95/€89,90 at www.polar.com/us-en/products/accessories/h10_heart_rate_sensor.