Did you know that the fitness industry is full of resources that will help you become a better fitness business owner, manager, director or trainer?
Did you know that one of the greatest resources comes to you from Club Industry?
Did you know that that resource requires you to commit just three days of your year to improving your business?
Did you know that we are getting tremendous buzz on that resource this year—and we want to make sure you don’t miss it?
We know that you are an avid reader of Club Industry—otherwise you would have skipped this blog, right? But we are sometimes surprised that even our most avid readers are not aware that we are more than a news and trends website with reports and e-newsletters. We also bring you tremendous value in an annual conference and trade show that we do each year in Chicago. This year, the Club Industry Show is Oct. 24-26 at the Hilton Chicago.
So if you didn’t already know that, now is the time to become aware. We've hosted this show for more than 35 years, and if you have been in the past, you’ll notice a lot has changed. We are now more about education, networking and connecting you with vendors in a smaller and quieter exhibit hall that allows you to build relationships with the vendors.
What else do you need to know about this year’s show? Plenty.
- Registration for this year’s show is trending ahead of last year with what could be our highest overall attendance in years. You don’t want to miss out on what others will be talking about.
- So far, registrants are coming from 37 U.S. states, Canada and Mexico, so you’ll meet people from all over the country.
- Thirty-four percent of this year’s registrants have never been to the Club Industry Show, so if you are new, you won’t be alone.
- We have education sessions for people at all levels of the business: trainers, directors, general managers, C-level executives and owners.
- We offer education sessions appropriate for people at commercial clubs, studios, YMCAs, JCCs, university rec centers, parks and rec facilities, medical wellness centers and more.
- The wellness track and leadership track have expanded from one day each to two-and-a-half days each.
- A partnership with PFP delivers a one-day intensive called PFP's Take the Leap: From Trainer to Fitness Business Owner geared to independent trainers who want to be business owners.
- We have co-located with the Medical Fitness Tour, an event put on by MedFit Educational Foundation. The event is for fitness professionals who want to expand their careers and client base by learning about how to work with people who have chronic conditions. (Registration fee is separate from the Club Industry Show, but attendees to the co-located event get into the Club Industry Show exhibit hall and all networking events except the community breakfast.)
- PFP will be announcing its Trainer of the Year Award recipient at the event
- Multiple networking opportunities (welcome reception, community breakfast, trade show floor happy hour, networking nightcap, early morning runs and networking breaks between sessions) allow you to eat and drink almost all day while developing new business connections.
- CEUs/CECs are available from these organizations (with more being announced soon): AFAA, ACE, ACSM, NASM, NFPT, NSCA, NCSF, PTA Global and WITS.
- For the second year, the exhibit hall will feature a Startup Alley area to acquaint you with burgeoning companies offering new fitness products and services.
- The exhibit hall will debut a Nutrition Pavilion with new exhibitors.
- Club Connect is available to buyers who want to connect one-on-one with vendors outside the exhibit hall.
As you can see, if you didn't know all these facts, then you didn't know how much you need to attend the Club Industry Show. Register today at www.clubindustry.com.