IHRSA 2016, the 35th Annual Convention and Trade Show, has moved across the country from its traditional West Coast setting to the East Coast this year. The show is set for March 21-24 at the Orange County Convention Center, South Building, in Orlando.
IHRSA has a keynote presentation slated for each day. On March 21, Jay Baer, founder of Convince & Convert, will speak on "Youtility: Smart Marketing Is About Help, Not Hype." On March 22, Greg McKeown, CEO of THIS Inc., will speak about "Leadership Essentials." The third-day keynote presentation will be by Randi Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Zuckerberg Media, who will speak on "It's Dot Complicated: Exciting Trends Impacting Your Business Right Now." On the last day of the show, Nir Eyal, author and entrepreneur, will share about "Consumer Behavior: Creating Habit Forming Products."
Augie's Bash is a fundraising event started by Augie Nieto, co-founder of Life Fitness and chairman of Octane Fitness, and his wife Lynne, after Augie was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) 11 years ago. The Bash, which occurs on March 23 at the Hyatt Regency, begins at 6 p.m. with a reception and silent auction. The dinner, awards and live auction begin at 7:30 p.m. and will include entertainment by Eddie Money. And, of course, Augie and Lynne will make an appearance at the event.
IHRSA will hand out several awards at the show. The Woman Leader Award in honor of Julie Main will be presented on Monday, March 21 to Maureen (Mo) Hagan, vice president of program innovation for GoodLife Fitness, London, Ontario, Canada, and canfitpro. The Associate Member of the Year will be presented on March 22 to Visual Fitness Planner. The Outstanding Community Service Award will be presented on March 23 to The Claremont Club of Claremont, California.
A large education program also is on tap. To find out more about the sessions, click here.
The exhibit hall will be open March 22-23. You can find out more here. Many vendors are announcing new products at the show. We'll cover as many of the product announcements as we can after the show. In the meantime, here are some of the products and programs that we have received press releases about being at the show:
- Escape Fitness Catapults Step Out of the 80s for Maximum Versatility and Intensity
- Hammer Strength Announces New Hammer Strength Accessories, HD Athletic Product Lines
- Core Health & Fitness Launches New Console on Star Trac and Stairmaster Cardio
- Core Health & Fitness Enhances the Inspiration Strength Line with Must Have Updates
- Core Health & Fitness Expands its High Intensity Line with an All-New Upperbody Ergometer
- HiTrainer ATP Metabolic Interval Training and Conditioning System to be Introduced at IHRSA
- WellnessMats Revolutionizes the Fitness Experience with Premier FitnessMats
- Core Health & Fitness Launches All New Cardio, Indoor Cycling Bikes, Strength and High Intensity Equipment at IHRSA 2016
- Master Lock to Feature Game Changing Locker Lock Solutions at IHRSA
- SportsArt To Debut Innovative Eco-Friendly Demo at IHRSA 2016
- MYE WorkoutScan Cardio Exercise Tracking System for Smartphones Makes International Debut at IHRSA 2016
- TRX and Aktiv Solutions Announce Joint Venture To Develop Functional Training Ecosystems For Commercial Facilities
- New Commercial Zero Runner from Octane Fitness Brings Zero-Impact Running to Health Clubs and Fitness Centers
- Hyperwear Announces Sponsored Athlete and New Leadership at IHRSA