LOS ANGELES — The Houstonian in Houston, TX; the Park Hyatt at Bellevue in Philadelphia; and the Four Seasons in San Francisco topped the list of the 2006 Best Hotel Gyms in the United States.
Athletic-Minded Traveler, a southern California-based active lifestyle media company that operates a healthy travel site on the Web, released the rankings after research on more than 3,000 hotels and anonymous personal tours. Selection criteria included facility size, equipment quantities, multi-sport options (e.g., lap pool, sport court, etc.) and overall ambiance/atmosphere. To be considered as a hotel gym, the facility must have been located on hotel property or within an adjacent building.
2006 Best Hotel Gyms In the United States
- Houstonian (Houston)
- Park Hyatt at Bellevue (Philadelphia)
- Four Seasons (San Francisco)
- Embassy Suites Lakefront (Chicago)
- Venetian (Las Vegas)
- Bellevue Club (Bellevue, WA)
- Inn at Ponte Vedra (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL)
- Grand Hotel (Minneapolis)
- JW Marriott (Orlando)
- Ritz Carlton Boston Common (Boston)
- Le Parker Meridien (New York)
Source: Athletic-Minded Traveler