An accidental mixture of pool chemicals at a LA Fitness in Norcross, Georgia, sent one person to the hospital for evaluation on Monday.
The Gwinnett County Hazardous Materials Response Team and other crews responded to the club on Jimmy Carter Boulevard after the incident was reported around 3 p.m. Two people were evaluated for general medical complaints, and the incident was cleared at 5:17 p.m.
"Crews found an accidental mix of a small amount of pool chemicals (HCA and chlorine) in a 'pool room' within the building," Gwinnett Fire Capt. Tommy Rutledge said in a news release, according to the Peachtree Corners Patch. "The accidental mixture occurred during pool maintenance by a pool company representative. The incident is contained to the fitness center, and no other businesses are affected."