Entry Deadline: Postmarked by June 5, 2006
The Best of the Best contest is open to any fitness facility that serves the U.S. market. This includes for-profits, nonprofits, corporate, hotel, government, military and university facilities.
Best Renovation: Renovation must have been completed between June 2005 and June 2006 – Entries should be a remodel of all or part of a fitness facility (entry area, café, Pilates studio). Can be a renovation of an existing area or converting a space into new use.
Best New Member Integration Program: Innovative and creative ways that you are integrating new members into your club. This should not be just an orientation program or free personal training, but might also include technology being used to track members and their usage of the facility, rewards offered to them for using the club, and the facility’s ability to use this information to adapt its programming, rewards and offerings.
Best On-Site Community Program: Entries should be for programming developed for the community at large held at the fitness facility to serve the community. Can be one-time classes/sessions or activities.
Best NonMember Program – Entries: should include programming developed for non members held either at the facility or outside the facility but sponsored, organized and/or operated by the fitness facility. Could include partnerships with other businesses. Generally, the programming should be an ongoing program—or one involving several sessions/classes for a set period of time.
Best Children’s Programming: Entries in this category should have specific classes and/or equipment for children, rather than just child care or a kids’ club.
Best Senior Programming: Entries in this category should have specific classes and/or programs for seniors, including social programs. The programs should not be solely Silver Sneakers, although Silver Sneakers can be part of the offering. Could include a social aspect. Indicate if the programming involves specific programs, an overall program or a club within your club.
Best Specialized Program for the Obese Population: Entries should include programs targeted not just for the overweight population, but specifically for the obese population. Should include assessments, exercise programming, special equipment, nutrition counseling, and other programming/classes targeted specifically to the obese.
Best Professional Development for Staff - Entries in this category may include sending staff to outside training classes and conferences, but should also include an internal training program, online training, mentoring programs and/or continuing education.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria: innovation, effectiveness toward goals, cost effectiveness and appeal to participants
What to submit:
1. A description of the program.
2. The start date for the program.
3. The monetary and/or participation goals of the program and whether the program met those goals. If so, how did it meet the goals or why didn't it meet them? (Provide numbers, testimonials or other evidence.)
4. Other goals of the program (if there were other goals) and whether the program met those goals. If so, how did it meet the goals? (Provide numbers, testimonials or other evidence.)
5. How the program was marketed.
6. The effect of the program on your business operations (include cost of the program and profit on the program).
7. The effect of the program on your members (or on participants if they were non-members).
8. The architect's name and location (if submitting for Best Renovation category).
Any entry that does not completely answer each of the questions listed above will be disqualified.
1. Include artwork and/or supporting marketing materials if appropriate.
2. Before and after photos must be included with your entry for the Best Renovation category.
3. If you send digital images, the photos must be 300 dpi and at least 5 inches by 7 inches or larger as an eps, jpg or tif. Digital images can be e-mailed to [email protected]
4. Mail three copies of this form, three copies of your answers to these questions and three copies of supporting documents/photos to:
Club Industry’s Fitness Business Pro
9800 Metcalf Ave.
Overland Park, KS 66212
Attn: Best of Best Contest
Winners will be featured in the September 2006 issue of Club Industry’s Fitness Business Pro magazine.
Three copies of each entry form must be included along with three copies of any supporting evidence.
Only one entry per category per facility.
A program may be entered in only one category.
If fewer than three entries are submitted in a category, the magazine reserves the right not to award a winner in the category.
If no entries are deemed worthy of an award, the magazine reserves the right not to award a winner in that category.
Once an entry is received by the magazine, it cannot be withdrawn.
Materials cannot be returned to entrants.
-Entries due June 5, 2006
-Judges will complete their decision on July 5, 2006
-Winners will be tabulated by July 10
-Winners will be notified July 11
-Interviews set up with winners by end of July.
-Story will appear in September 2006 issue.